Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Goode Day

Twenty years ago, Lisa of Country Glen was born.
And we're all glad she was.

A year ago, we were Classic Skating together in our finest threads.
This year, that wasn't possible.

Lisa is in London.
I'm in India.
Alliterations are fun.

This is late, I know.




But, after Lisa's FHE experience with an Indian family in Fiji, she told me she's a little bit afraid of Indian people.

And so, my birthday gift to you, Lisa, is to cast aside those fears for good.

With this collection of pictures I'm calling "Go Lisa," I hope to show you that India is just a country of a billion people cheering for you.

HBD, kid.

I can't wait until we're camping out in Provo this winter.


-Alstie




































P.S. I, like, really need yo address.

5 comments:

  1. GO LISA!!! Sure do love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hilarious. According to Matt, "That is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. She gets massive points." We hope you're both having such a fun time - happy late birthday, Lisa, and Ally, enjoy the endless curry and roti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally--now this is a clever* post, and sure to get Lisa over some of her phobias--you are the funniest person I know. I am rolling on the floor over this. nice job!--Terry

    *clev·er (kl v r) 1. Mentally quick and original; bright. 2. Exhibiting quick-wittedness: a clever story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Ally.
    I'm trying to say something sincere right now because that's how I feel but I am still at a loss for words so
    thank you.

    Dad, it's rolfl. which is short for rolling on the floor laughing. or just rolling on the floor. either works fine.

    I miss Matt and Allison.

    ReplyDelete